Here is yet another creative and tasty end to your meals!Today's recipe is the Sheer Khurma... sheer basically means sweetened milk while khurma is made from dried dates. This dessert can be served during any kind of celebration either hot or cold!
|Photo Source: http://www.neelscorner.com|
- 2 litres milk, boiled and reduces to 1 ¼ litres
- A handful of almonds, crushed
- A handful of cashewnuts, crushed
- 1 tbsp pistas, chopped
- 8 sukhe khajur (chhuware), seeds removed, cut coarsely and soaked in ½ cup milk
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- A handful of chironji, soaked and skins removed
- ½ nutmeg, grated
- 1 tsp elaichi powder
- ½ cup ghee (oil)
- 1 ½ cups seviyan (vermicelli)
- Heat the ghee and fry the seviyan till brown, then remove.
- Fry the nuts except the pistas and sukhe khajur.
- Heat the milk adding in the sugar. Allow the sugar to dissolve fully before adding the seviyan.
- Add the nuts and keep stirring.
- Add the elaichi powder and nutmeg. Simmer on very low heat.