Here is yet another delectable snack for your evenings and/or iftaris. This is extremely popular in Ramazan in particular here in our country and is loved by one and all. It is quite hot, spicy and filling as well.
|Photo Source: http://www.ifood.tv|
- 2 cups boiled chick peas
- 2 big boiled potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1-3 green chilies finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon ginger finely chopped
- 1 – 2 medium onions chopped
- 3 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon jaggery or fine sugar
- 2 tablespoon coriander leaves chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- Sea Salt to taste
- Chat masala to taste – start with about 1 dessert spoon, and add more if you want it spicier.
- Mix all the ingredients and refrigerate for 2 – 3 hours. Serve cold.
- If you want to Westernise it, add a load of chopped parsley, mint and coriander and mix through. Mung bean sprouts. Another 2 or 3 tomatoes chopped into chickpeas size pieces.
- You can further be adventurous… the sourness of the lime juice, amchur and black salt will go well with fruit as well – any tropical fruit, melons, apples, pears even.
|Photo Source: http://www.sailusfood.com/2010/03/26/channa-chaat/|